ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise Here
  • Login
National Insight News
Advertisement
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Tourism
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Tourism
No Result
View All Result
National Insight
No Result
View All Result
Home Featured

Pursue fleeing Boko Haram terrorists ,Buratai charges troops in Borno

by NationalInsight
December 26, 2016
in Featured, News
Reading Time: 2min read
0
COAS-Lt-Gen-Tukur-Buratai

COAS-Lt-Gen-Tukur-Buratai

30
SHARES
370
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai has charged troops in the North East to pursue the fleeing Boko Haram terrorists and intercept them.

News Agency of Nigeria reports that Buratai gave the charge in a remark shortly before Gov. Kashim Shettima of Borno cut the tape to re-open Maiduguri-Gubio-Damasak and Maiduguri-Monguno-Baga.  two major roads in the state that were closed since 2013 at the height of the activities of the insurgents.

https://aouniversity.edu.ng/ https://aouniversity.edu.ng/ https://aouniversity.edu.ng/

“You must maintain the momentum of the operation. We must pursue the terrorists wherever they are. We must not allow them to regroup,” the army chief said.

He said in spite of the takeover of the terrorists’ last stronghold in the Sambisa forest as announced by President Muhammadu Buhari, “we have no time to waste”.

You might also like

2027: Oyo Needs Tested, Dynamic Leader to Consolidate Makinde’s Gains — Ayorinde

Oyo CAN Urges Christian Journalists to Uphold Ethical Standards

Amofin Beulah Adeoye Celebrates ODCF Deputy Chairman, Adeyanju At 70

Load More

The chief of army staff described the seven-year fight against the Boko Haram terrorists as “quite sober and touchy”, saying that a number of officers and soldiers had lost their lives in the war.

He prayed for the repose of their souls and vowed that the army would recommit itself to the fight until “remnants’’ of the terrorists were cleared.

Maj.-Gen. Lucky Irabor, the Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, had earlier said that the North East had been secured.

He also said that insurgency had brought untold hardship on the people of Borno people and the entire North East zone.

 

ALSO READ  Nine Soldiers Reported Killed, 20 Missing After Clash With Boko Haram in Borno

Irabor said that the roads being reopened were closed three years ago to check the incursion of the insurgents, adding that the reopening of such roads was an indication that the terrorists had been defeated.

In a message, the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin, also charged the military to maintain the tempo of operation and ensure that terrorism was eliminated from the North East.

Represented by the Chief of Administration, Defenc Headquarters, Rear Admiral A. A. Dacosta, Olonisakin restated the commitment of the military to defeating the terrorists.

author avatar
NationalInsight
See Full Bio
Tags: . MornoBoko HaramBurataisambisa foresttroops
Share12Tweet8Send
Previous Post

Ekiti APC Denies Denigrating Remarks On Adeboye

Next Post

France opens world’s first solar panel road

NationalInsight

NationalInsight

Related Posts

#image_title
Featured

2027: Oyo Needs Tested, Dynamic Leader to Consolidate Makinde’s Gains — Ayorinde

by NationalInsight
February 21, 2026
176
#image_title
Featured

Oyo CAN Urges Christian Journalists to Uphold Ethical Standards

by NationalInsight
February 20, 2026
118
#image_title
Featured

Amofin Beulah Adeoye Celebrates ODCF Deputy Chairman, Adeyanju At 70

by NationalInsight
February 20, 2026
114
#image_title
Featured

Ekiti Govt. Approves Tourism Policy, Development Master Plan

by NationalInsight
February 20, 2026
128
#image_title
Featured

NANTA Western Zone Poll: Olaleye Seeks Members’ Mandate on Continuity, Expansion Agenda

by NationalInsight
February 20, 2026
142
Next Post
A test phase will evaluate whether the solar panel road can provide enough energy to power street lighting. PHOTO CREDIT REUTERS / Benoit Tessier

France opens world's first solar panel road

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest Post

#image_title

2027: Oyo Needs Tested, Dynamic Leader to Consolidate Makinde’s Gains — Ayorinde

February 21, 2026
176
#image_title

Oyo CAN Urges Christian Journalists to Uphold Ethical Standards

February 20, 2026
118
#image_title

Amofin Beulah Adeoye Celebrates ODCF Deputy Chairman, Adeyanju At 70

February 20, 2026
114
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise Here

Recent Posts

  • 2027: Oyo Needs Tested, Dynamic Leader to Consolidate Makinde’s Gains — Ayorinde
  • Oyo CAN Urges Christian Journalists to Uphold Ethical Standards
  • Amofin Beulah Adeoye Celebrates ODCF Deputy Chairman, Adeyanju At 70

Copyright © 2020 National Insight News

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • News
    • Business
    • Health
    • Tourism
  • Sports
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2020 National Insight News

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com