Professor Adeniyi Olowofela Oyo Federal Character Commissioner commissioner has berated Governor Seyi Makinde for passing comment on Oba Akinbiyi Model School constructed by Senator Abiola Ajimobi Without having adequately Information.
Olowofeal who served as commissioner for Education under Ajimobi’s administration in a statement entitled :”Governor Makinde let Senator Ajimobi rest in peace.” said Governor Makinde ought to look for details from the Ministry of Education and Works before making derogatory comments on the late Governor Ajimobi.
Read the Details Bellow:
Dear Governor Seyi Makinde, my attention has been drawn to your comments on Oba Akinbiyi Model School.
I want to provide the following information, so that you will let Governor Ajimobi rest in peace.
1. The model schools were supposed to be six ab initio.
2. The initial arrangement was that the Contractor will fund the projects and Government will pay later.
3 When it was obvious that the “financial” of the Contractor can not provide the fund for him, Government decided to construct three model schools and fund it based on milestones achieved.
4. At a point, it became obvious that the pace at which the projects were going, they may not be completed during the administration of Governor Ajimobi.
5. At one of the cabinets meeting, the contracts were terminated and the Ministry of works , was directed, to take over the completion of the projects (check the cabinet record for this)
6. Ministry of work took over the constructions of
(a) Oba Akinbiyi Model School and (b) Islamic model school while that of Shaki could not be completed within the time frame left.
(7) All these records can be provided by the Ministry of Education and Ministry of works.
Dear Governor Seyi Makinde, I believe strongly that you ought to look at all these and possibly asked for detail reports (from both Ministry of Education and Works) before your derogatory comments on the late Governor Ajimobi. Let me add for your information and urgent attention that Ogbomoso model school (started during the Akala regime completed by Ajimobi is 99 percent ready) kindly do the needful to let the place be put into good use .
While I am not appealing to you to cover any shady deals, if any, it is immoral and ungovernor-like to make press comments on issues that you have not been adequately briefed.
Dear Mr. Governor, everything in life is ephemeral, you will one day leave the post but now that you’re are there, do your best and leave the rest.
I wish you the best in the difficult but interesting task of leadership.
May Oyo-State continue to wax stronger and may the Almighty God give you the wisdom and strength to leave the state better that you met.
Let Governor Ajimobi rest in peace.
Prof. Adeniyi Olowofela.