Ekiti Task Force Mandates COVID-19 Test for Corpses

0
105
Ekiti State Attracts $50 million Agriculture Investments
Ekiti state Governor Dr Kayode Fayemi

 Ekiti State Covid-19 Task Force has said that there is need for compulsory test for corpses being brought to the state to ascertain their COVID- 19 status and prevent any health-related dangers.

The Coordinator of the State Task Force, Prof Bolaji Aluko,  said this on Friday  while giving situation report on the pandemic

The varsity Don lamented that some people  were still trying to forcefully enter the state through the borders despite prohibition, saying those that were intercepted by security agencies on Thursday at Ido Ile Ekiti, were immediately turned back.

He said: “Movement of corpses had earlier been banned outrightly in  the state but because of this lockdown relaxation, corpses will now be allowed to move in and out of Ekiti from next week every Monday, Wednesday and Friday .

“But let me emphasise that corpses that must enter Ekiti must be certified through registration at the Ministry of Health to know their histories. This is about our health and no compromise will be tolerated”.

ALSO READ  Motherland Beckons Ignites Cotonou With One Benin Fiesta

LEAVE A REPLY

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.