ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise Here
  • Login
National Insight News
Advertisement
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Tourism
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Tourism
No Result
View All Result
National Insight
No Result
View All Result
Home Featured News

Appeal Court Reserves Judgment In Oyo LG Leadership Tussle Suit.

by NationalInsight
June 3, 2020
in News
Reading Time: 2min read
0
ALGON loses to Oyo Govt
31
SHARES
383
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

The Court of Appeal sitting in Ibadan on Wednesday reserved judgment in a suit filed by the Oyo government challenging a court order not to dissolve the 33 local government chairmen and 35 Local Council Development Areas (LCDA) in the state.

The Oyo State Government appealed against the Judgment of the High Court delivered on May 6, 2019 by Justice Aderonke Aderemi ordering the state government not to dissolve the elected 33 chairmen and 35 LCDA in Oyo State.

Inspite of the judgment, Gov. Seyi Makinde dissolved the 33 LG chairmen and 35 LCDA in the state immediately after his inauguration on May 29,2019. and appealed against the judgment.

You might also like

“May the Wicked Be Exposed” — South African Evangelist Reacts to Ogbomoso Abduction

Ogbomoso Monarchs Seek Military Base, Raise Alarm Over Growing Banditry

2027: Oyo Central APC Candidate Akintunde Extends Olive Branch to Rivals, Seeks Unity Ahead of General Election

Load More

The three-member panel of appeal judges chaired by Justice Jimi Bada on Wednesday, reserved the judgment after hearing arguments of counsel in the suit.

Bada further said that judgment date would be communicated to the respective counsel.

Earlier in his argument, counsel to the Oyo State Government, Kunel Kalejaye, SAN, said the lower court has not jurisdiction to here the case because it was premature as at the time the case was filed.

Kalejaye said that the chairmen filed the suit at the lower court based on a rumour they heard that Makinde would dissolved them after his swearing-in on May 29,2019.

He said that the case was filed at the lower court and judgment obtained by the respondents before they were disolved.

ALSO READ  Hospitality Industry in Nigeria Has a Promising Future – Dr. Akweke

Kalejaye urged the court to dismiss the judgment of the lower court and uphold the appeal.

In his arguments, Counsel to the respondents, Yusuf Ali, SAN said that the action cannot be termed immature because the law allows a person to approach the court when such person noticed that his right would been threatened.

Ali said that the law always protecting the right of any individual and only an irresponsible person would wait for his eye to be plugged after noticing that such thing was about to happen.

He urged the court dismissed the appeal and uphold the judgment of the lower court to prevent such action from happening in future

author avatar
NationalInsight
See Full Bio
Tags: ALGONSeyi Makinde
Share12Tweet8Send
Previous Post

Exclusion of WAEC Fee from Your Education Policy is Laughable. SPN Tells Makinde

Next Post

Makinde Distributes Palliatives to Persons Living with Disabilities

NationalInsight

NationalInsight

Related Posts

#image_title
Featured

“May the Wicked Be Exposed” — South African Evangelist Reacts to Ogbomoso Abduction

by NationalInsight
May 20, 2026
104
#image_title
News

Ogbomoso Monarchs Seek Military Base, Raise Alarm Over Growing Banditry

by NationalInsight
May 19, 2026
270
Senator Yunus Akintunde, Ph.D,
News

2027: Oyo Central APC Candidate Akintunde Extends Olive Branch to Rivals, Seeks Unity Ahead of General Election

by NationalInsight
May 19, 2026
125
#image_title
News

APC Assembly Aspirant Calls for Boycott Over Alleged Threats, Irregularities in Ogun Primary

by NationalInsight
May 19, 2026
105
Adebisi Idi ikan
News

Ogbomoso School Abduction: Jubril Dotun Sanusi Sympathizes With Seyi Makinde, NUT, Calls for Stronger Local Security

by NationalInsight
May 19, 2026
111
Next Post

Makinde Distributes Palliatives to Persons Living with Disabilities

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest Post

Wolekanle Postpones 54th Birthday, Housewarming Over Banditry Attack in Oriire

May 20, 2026
201
Police Rescue Kidnapped Priests in Adamawa, NDDC Aide in Bayelsa

Oyo Police Confirm Abduction of Two CRIN Staff, Dismiss Rumours of Mass Kidnapping in Ibadan

May 20, 2026
321
#image_title

Oyo NUJ Chairman, Abass Establishes Academic Prizes for Mass Communication Students at The Polytechnic

May 20, 2026
103
National Insight News
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise Here

Recent Posts

  • Wolekanle Postpones 54th Birthday, Housewarming Over Banditry Attack in Oriire
  • Oyo Police Confirm Abduction of Two CRIN Staff, Dismiss Rumours of Mass Kidnapping in Ibadan
  • Oyo NUJ Chairman, Abass Establishes Academic Prizes for Mass Communication Students at The Polytechnic

Copyright © 2020 National Insight News

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • News
    • Business
    • Health
    • Tourism
  • Sports
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2020 National Insight News

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com