ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise Here
  • Login
National Insight News
Advertisement
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Tourism
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Tourism
No Result
View All Result
National Insight
No Result
View All Result
Home Featured

Oyo State pilgrims in Mecca not shortchanged of BTA- Pilgrims Board Chair

by NationalInsight
June 23, 2022
in Featured, News
Reading Time: 2min read
0
Board, Prof. Sayed Hamza Malik, chairman Oyo state muslin pilgrim board

Board, Prof. Sayed Hamza Malik, chairman Oyo state muslin pilgrim board

2
SHARES
569
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

The Chairman, Oyo State Pilgrims Welfare Board (Muslim Wing), Prof. Sayed Malik has denied insinuations that some pilgrims from the state who are already in Saudi Arabia have been denied their Basic Travel Allowance (BTA).

Prof. Malik, who was reacting to reports being circulated via online channels, said that the reports were unfounded and far from the true situation of things at the State’s Hajj camps in Saudi Arabia.

Prof Malik said: “It is not true in any way, that the Oyo State Pilgrims Welfare Board (Muslim Wing) has diverted funds meant for the payment of BTA of the first batch of pilgrims from the state, who are currently in Saudi Arabia. Such a report can only be a figment of the imagination of the writer.

“The truth of the matter is that there were delays in the release of BTA to the Board as a result of the late release of the circular guiding the payment of the allowances by the authorities in Abuja. This is not peculiar to Oyo State pilgrims, as all pilgrims across the states are faced with the same situation.

You might also like

Ogbomoso Reps Race Heats Up as Kunle Adegbite Picks NDC Expression of Interest Form

Shehu Buba Left Out as APC Clears Tuggar, Bala Wunti for Bauchi Governorship Bid

Wolekanle Postpones 54th Birthday, Housewarming Over Banditry Attack in Oriire

Load More

“As a result of the delay, the first batch of travellers from Oyo State and several other states of the federation had to embark on the trip to Saudi before the BTA could be secured. The delay, however, does not indicate that any of the travellers would lose their entitlements.

ALSO READ  Nollywood Star Funke Akindele Bello, Hubsand Arraigned In Court

“By the time the second batch of travellers were leaving Nigeria, only a fraction of the entire BTA had been secured and it was concluded that each of the travellers be made to get $400 while those who were already in Saudi Arabia were paid $200 each, pending the release of the entire money by the Nigerian authorities.

“It must be placed on record that the dollar scarcity which had hit the foreign exchange market is a key contributor to the delay to secure the required BTA.

“While the delayed payment of the BTA is regretted, we have to place on record that there is no intention to divert anyone’s entitlement or deny any of the pilgrims their due. We make bold to undertake that each of the pilgrims will get what is approved for them in the course of the holy pilgrimage.

“The welfare of every pilgrim remains our utmost concern at all times.”

 

author avatar
NationalInsight
See Full Bio
Tags: muslimPilgrimage boardProf Sayid Malik
Share18Tweet12Send
Previous Post

Engr. Open Salawu Bags BCOS Meritorious Award

Next Post

Stakeholders Must Employ More Tactical Approach to Combat Insecurity- Makinde

NationalInsight

NationalInsight

Related Posts

Dr Kunle Adegbite
Featured

Ogbomoso Reps Race Heats Up as Kunle Adegbite Picks NDC Expression of Interest Form

by NationalInsight
May 21, 2026
104
#image_title
Featured

Shehu Buba Left Out as APC Clears Tuggar, Bala Wunti for Bauchi Governorship Bid

by NationalInsight
May 20, 2026
109
Bashorun Akinwale Akinwole
Featured

Wolekanle Postpones 54th Birthday, Housewarming Over Banditry Attack in Oriire

by NationalInsight
May 20, 2026
245
Police Rescue Kidnapped Priests in Adamawa, NDDC Aide in Bayelsa
Featured

Oyo Police Confirm Abduction of Two CRIN Staff, Dismiss Rumours of Mass Kidnapping in Ibadan

by NationalInsight
May 20, 2026
104
#image_title
Featured

Oyo NUJ Chairman, Abass Establishes Academic Prizes for Mass Communication Students at The Polytechnic

by NationalInsight
May 20, 2026
104
Next Post

Stakeholders Must Employ More Tactical Approach to Combat Insecurity- Makinde

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest Post

Dr Kunle Adegbite

Ogbomoso Reps Race Heats Up as Kunle Adegbite Picks NDC Expression of Interest Form

May 21, 2026
104
#image_title

Shehu Buba Left Out as APC Clears Tuggar, Bala Wunti for Bauchi Governorship Bid

May 20, 2026
109
Bashorun Akinwale Akinwole

Wolekanle Postpones 54th Birthday, Housewarming Over Banditry Attack in Oriire

May 20, 2026
245
National Insight News
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise Here

Recent Posts

  • Ogbomoso Reps Race Heats Up as Kunle Adegbite Picks NDC Expression of Interest Form
  • Shehu Buba Left Out as APC Clears Tuggar, Bala Wunti for Bauchi Governorship Bid
  • Wolekanle Postpones 54th Birthday, Housewarming Over Banditry Attack in Oriire

Copyright © 2020 National Insight News

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • News
    • Business
    • Health
    • Tourism
  • Sports
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2020 National Insight News

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com