Ladoja, Seyi Makinde,gives conditions to return to PDP, as Markarfi visits Ibadan

Senator Ahmed Makarfi adressing Senator Ladoja and other people during the visit to his house in Ibadan.

National Leaders of the Accord Party  Senator Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja and Gubernatorial Candidate of the Social Democratic Party SDP in Oyo state Engineer Seyi Makinde today in Ibadan harps on the needs to create a level playing grounds for  all members in the party before they can finally accede to the quest to return to their former party.

The duo who were among the former party chieftains visited by the reconciliatory  team of the party led by its National Chairman  Senator Ahmed Markarfi  also maintained that any form of impunity should be avoided and internal organ of the party should be allow to entrench internal democracy at the party level.

Senator Ladoja while hosting the team at  his Ondo street , Bodija residence said most people left the party because of impunity and the attitude of the leadership of the party to the affairs of members

He lamented that “ I think what scatter PDP them was that we were overwhelm by the level of success we  attained, the focus then was that PDP will rule the country for 65 years  forgetting the reason why we were there and the people that voted us in power”

“ PDP is the only party that will be in power and its governor will be impeached or removed  illegally  and the party leadership will not say or do anything

“This disunity among us led to the emergence of the amateurs in power who believed they have what it takes to  govern the state effectively but today we all see what is happening in the country’

ALSO READ  Gov. Abiodun Dissolves Transport Unions, Names Ad hoc Hajj Committee

“When we were together in PDP  the party has 31 members at the state House of Assembly and today PDP has none, Accord has 8 members, that is to tell you the extent at which we have gone  not only in Oyo state but in Lagos, Ogun, Osun and other part of the state “

“I need to be guaranteed that the era of impunity in PDP is gone, I want to demand amnesty for myself and all my team that may come and if that is done I am sure that there is hope in the party and we can work together “

Also Engineer Oluseyi Makinde, the chieftain of the SDP while hosting at his Ikolaba house equally demanded a level playing ground  from the leadership of the party

“I am 99 percent PDP and the remaining 1 percent is important, before It can be released, I need to get assurance from the party echelon that there will be no discrimination against our members at all level once that is guaranteed you can be assured that we will return to the party”

Engineer Makinde who narrated why he left the party at two instances said “PDP is my natural habitat but  I am tired of coming and leaving PDP, I want guarantee and an assurance that what make some of us to dump the party for other party will not resurface again.

While allaying the fear of the duo, the Interim National Chairman of the Party Senator Markarfi said the era of impunity is gone, “ we  put everything on hold in Oyo state so as to ensure proper integration of both old and new members and as soon as that is achieved , there will be fresh registration of all members at all level.”

ALSO READ  PDP Unveils List of National Convention Committee Members

“ As soon as the registration is done, there will be  fresh congresses at all level and everything will be perfect, we will not allow  any form of impunity, there will be constitution amendment to back up our decision.

We are here to return you back into your base so that we can restore the lost glory of the party and return the country to the path of greatness.

The only PDP Federal lawmakers in Oyo state Hon Segun  Dokun Odebunmi while speaking with journalists  at the event said the re-conciliatory move is a success already, it is a step that is geared towards the positive advancement and success of the party in the subsequent election and from all indication we are going to  defeat the ruling APC in 2019.

Otunba Alao Alao Akala was not in the country but some of his supporters and political associates received the team at his Bodija residence.

Senator Makarfi and his team also visited Former minister of justice and attorney General, Chief Richard Akinjide, Alhaji Yekeen Adeojo ,and other notable politicians in the state

In the entourage of the chairman were, Ogun state Oloye Jumoke AkinjideChief Gbenga Daniel, Former Minister for Information, Chief Jerry Gana , Senator Abdul Ningi, Senator Ayo Adeseun, Hon Mulikat Akande Adeola, Hon Segun Dokun Odebunmi, Senator Gbenga Babalola, Senator Hosea Agboola,  Honourable  Muraina Ajibola, Eddy Oyefeso, Professor Tahoeed Adedoja ,Chief Jacob Adetoro, and other top members of the party accord and PDP


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.