ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise Here
  • Login
National Insight News
Advertisement
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Tourism
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Tourism
No Result
View All Result
National Insight
No Result
View All Result
Home Featured

Gunmen Storm Niger Community Market, Kill Over 30, Abduct Several

by NationalInsight
January 4, 2026
in Featured, News
Reading Time: 2min read
0
#image_title

#image_title

2
SHARES
235
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

No fewer than 40 people, including women and children, were killed on Saturday when suspected bandits attacked Kasuwan-Daji village and its local market in Borgu Local Government Area of Niger State.

The attackers reportedly stormed the community in the evening, opening fire indiscriminately on residents and traders

https://aouniversity.edu.ng/ https://aouniversity.edu.ng/ https://aouniversity.edu.ng/

They also razed the local market and several houses, looting food items and valuables worth millions of naira before fleeing with an unspecified number of abducted victims.

Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the Niger State Police Command, SP Wasiu Abiodun, said security operatives received information around 9:00 p.m. on January 3 that suspected bandits, believed to have emerged from the National Park forest along Kabe District, had invaded Kasuwan-Daji. According to him, the assailants burnt the market, looted shops and carted away foodstuffs.

You might also like

Oyo CAN Urges Christian Journalists to Uphold Ethical Standards

Amofin Beulah Adeoye Celebrates ODCF Deputy Chairman, Adeyanju At 70

Ekiti Govt. Approves Tourism Policy, Development Master Plan

Load More

“A joint security team visited the area the following morning and confirmed that over 30 people lost their lives, while several others were kidnapped,” Abiodun said, adding that efforts are ongoing to rescue the abducted victims and restore normalcy to the area.
However, residents and community sources put the death toll much higher.

Some of the  residents said at least 37 people were killed, noting that many people were still missing as of Sunday. They expressed fears that the casualty figure could rise as survivors are too afraid to return to the village to recover bodies due to the absence of security.

ALSO READ  8 Years After, Ajimobi Direct Butchers To Move to Multi-Billion Naira Central Abattoir Built by Alao Akala's Administration

Rev. Fr. Stephen Kabirat, spokesperson for the Catholic Diocese of Kontagora, where the attack occurred, told local media that more than 40 people were killed during the assault and that some of those abducted were children.

A resident, who spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisal, said the gunmen had been lurking around nearby communities for about a week before launching the attack, which reportedly lasted for nearly three hours. “The bodies are still there in Kasuwan-Daji village. If we don’t see any security, how can we go there?” he said.

The attack occurred near Papiri community, where more than 300 schoolchildren and their teachers were kidnapped from a Catholic school in November, raising fresh concerns about worsening insecurity in the area.

 

author avatar
NationalInsight
See Full Bio
Tags: Kasuwan-Daji village.National Park forest along Kabe DistrictNiger stateNiger State Police CommandRev. Fr. Stephen KabiratSP Wasiu Abiodunspokesperson for the Catholic Diocese of Kontagora
Share8Tweet5Send
Previous Post

NDLEA Arrests 65-Year-Old Grandma ‘Mama Kerosine’ in Ibadan, Seizes Drugs Worth Millions Nationwide

Next Post

Odu’a Investment Company Appoints Abiodun Bamiduro as Executive Director, Group CFO

NationalInsight

NationalInsight

Related Posts

#image_title
Featured

Oyo CAN Urges Christian Journalists to Uphold Ethical Standards

by NationalInsight
February 20, 2026
117
#image_title
Featured

Amofin Beulah Adeoye Celebrates ODCF Deputy Chairman, Adeyanju At 70

by NationalInsight
February 20, 2026
111
#image_title
Featured

Ekiti Govt. Approves Tourism Policy, Development Master Plan

by NationalInsight
February 20, 2026
126
#image_title
Featured

NANTA Western Zone Poll: Olaleye Seeks Members’ Mandate on Continuity, Expansion Agenda

by NationalInsight
February 20, 2026
139
#image_title
Featured

NANS, Youth Coalition for Education in Nigeria Honour CEOAFRICA Boss Ilobanafor for Societal Impact

by NationalInsight
February 19, 2026
122
Next Post
Abiodun Olamide Bamiduro

Odu’a Investment Company Appoints Abiodun Bamiduro as Executive Director, Group CFO

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest Post

#image_title

Oyo CAN Urges Christian Journalists to Uphold Ethical Standards

February 20, 2026
117
#image_title

Amofin Beulah Adeoye Celebrates ODCF Deputy Chairman, Adeyanju At 70

February 20, 2026
111
#image_title

Ekiti Govt. Approves Tourism Policy, Development Master Plan

February 20, 2026
126
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise Here

Recent Posts

  • Oyo CAN Urges Christian Journalists to Uphold Ethical Standards
  • Amofin Beulah Adeoye Celebrates ODCF Deputy Chairman, Adeyanju At 70
  • Ekiti Govt. Approves Tourism Policy, Development Master Plan

Copyright © 2020 National Insight News

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • News
    • Business
    • Health
    • Tourism
  • Sports
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2020 National Insight News

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com